ONE Insurance Ltd. is a newly created fully digital European insurance carrier headquartered in Vaduz, Liechtenstein and part of the wefox Group. Operating in the insurtech sector, ONE has created a new business model for insurance based on technology. The company uses artificial intelligence to deliver insurance policies and handle claims for its customers on desktop and mobile. The vision of ONE is to reinvent insurance from what it is today - financial protection from uncertain events - to a new paradigm of insurance: Proactive protection from likely risks via IoT data in real time.
Personally ONE is supported by wefox Group Services GmbH in Berlin, our internal service Provider. The wefox Group Services Team consists experienced specialists and highly qualified developers in the field of digital insurance.
You will adapt and assimilate in our team easily if you can identify yourself with our company values:
To strengthen our international wefox Group services Team, we are looking for an:
Database Manager/Data Engineer (f/m/d)
· Maintain and further develop ONE’s data architecture
· Assemble large, complex data sets to run business intelligence
· Identify and implement process improvements like automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, reconciliation cycles, preparations for greater scalability
· Own the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies
· Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Actuarial, Finance and Marketing teams to assist on data-related technical challenges and support their data needs
· Work with data and actuarial experts to strive for widened functionality throughout ONE’s data systems
· Strong understanding of end-to-end data processing: from data gathering to cleansing and aggregation, to data modelling and analytics and target-related, customized delivery
· Good knowledge of reporting and BI, ideally in the areas of Finance
· You are comfortable to handle complex SQL queries
· Experience of big data technologies – Python and cloud technologies like AWS
· Ability to implement data engineering best-practices (agile methodologies, unit testing and data validations, code reviews and knowledge sharing)
· Familiarity working with large SQL databases and the implementation and maintenance of ETLs data processing pipelines
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency in English, German language welcomed
What we offer:
We are looking forward to receiving your application digitally. Please include your CV, and any relevant certificates (ideally as one PDF file) as well as salary expectations and your availability.
Your contact person for this opening is Benjamin Adamthwaite