Career at ONE
ONE Insurance Ltd. is a newly created fully digital European insurance carrier headquartered in Vaduz, Liechtenstein with Operations in Berlin, Germany and part of the wefox Group. Operating in the insurtech sector, ONE has created a new business model for insurance based on technology. The company uses artificial intelligence to deliver insurance policies and handle claims for its customers on desktop and mobile. The vision of ONE is to reinvent insurance from what it is today - financial protection from uncertain events - to a new paradigm of insurance: Proactive protection from likely risks via IoT data in real time.
The ONE team consists of ambitious founders, experienced specialists and highly qualified developers in the field of digital insurance. In the first year of operation, ONE has been able to sell more than 50’000 products in Germany in the business lines private liability and household.
To strengthen our international team, we are looking for an:
(Junior) Database Manager/Data Engineer (f/m/d)
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Actuarial, Finance and Marketing teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with data and actuarial experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
Experiences and skills:
- Strong understanding of end-to-end data processing flows: from data gathering to cleansing and aggregation, to data modelling and analytics,
- Good knowledge of reporting and BI.
- Experience of big data technologies – Python and cloud technologies like AWS, but you are also comfortable handling complex SQL queries
- Quality driven and can implement data engineering best-practices (agile methodologies, unit testing and data validations, code reviews and knowledge sharing)
- Familiarity working with large SQL databases and the implementation and maintenance of ETLs data processing pipeline
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
- We are a diverse team and we are happy to see all applicants regardless of their gender, origin, sexual orientation, confession, age or physical limitation.
- A multi-disciplinary role with opportunity to manage your own path to success.
- Full responsibility for your role – from day one.
- Outstanding chances to develop your own ideas – and make them work.
- An excellent onboarding-program – to ease your start at ONE.
- We support your professional development initiatives.
- A stack of the most modern technologies and working gadgets.
- A cosy office with modern amenities.
- In this Role you will work closely with Marcel Walther and André Kühn
- An open-minded and passionate team spirit devoted to innovation.
We are looking forward to receiving your application digitally. Please include your CV, and any relevant certificates (ideally as one PDF file) as well as salary expectations and your availability.