Career at ONE
ONE Insurance Ltd. is a newly created fully digital European insurance carrier headquartered in Vaduz, Liechtenstein with Operations in Berlin, Germany and part of the wefox Group. Operating in the insurtech sector, ONE has created a new business model for insurance based on technology. The company uses artificial intelligence to deliver insurance policies and handle claims for its customers on desktop and mobile. The vision of ONE is to reinvent insurance from what it is today - financial protection from uncertain events - to a new paradigm of insurance: Proactive protection from likely risks via IoT data in real time.
The ONE team consists of ambitious founders, experienced specialists and highly qualified developers in the field of digital insurance. In the first year of operation, ONE has been able to sell more than 50’000 products in Germany in the business lines private liability and household.
To strengthen our international team, we are looking for an:
(Junior) Actuary / Data Scientist (f/m/d)
- Using mathematical modelling techniques and statistical concepts to assess risks
- Analysing statistical data in order to calculate and evaluate insurance rates
- Leading the operational strategy on predictive analytics and artificial intelligence
- Managing sources and external partners in terms of data management and interface management (API)
- Preparing presentations, reports and valuations explaining actuarial implications to the management
- Analysing market, client and geolocation data
- Developing new innovative insurance products
- Supporting product (Web/App) and tech by defining the actuarial product
Experiences and skills:
- Profound mathematical or actuarial expertise
- High end academic education with a strong focus on IT
- Knowledge about data management or BI topics
- Experienced in programming (e.g. Python, R, SQL)
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Pragmatism and consequent target focus, paired with flexibility and engagement
- Excellent communication skills and ability to share knowledge
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
- We are a diverse team and we are happy to see all applicants regardless of their gender, origin, sexual orientation, confession, age or physical limitation.
- A multi-disciplinary role with opportunity to manage your own path to success.
- Full responsibility for your role – from day one.
- Outstanding chances to develop your own ideas – and make them work.
- An excellent onboarding-program – to ease your start at ONE.
- We support your professional development initiatives.
- A stack of the most modern technologies and working gadgets.
- A cosy office with modern amenities.
- In this Role you will work closely with Marcel Walther and André Kühn
- An open-minded and passionate team spirit devoted to innovation.
- We are looking forward to receiving your application digitally. Please include your CV, and any relevant certificates (ideally as one PDF file) as well as salary expectations and your availability.
We are looking forward to receiving your application digitally. Please include your CV, and any relevant certificates (ideally as one PDF file) as well as salary expectations and your availability.